I got this recipe from an old lady who had a street stall in Singapore. This is my daughter’s favourite dish.
- Packet of Vermicelli Noodles
- Bean Sprout packet (bought at local grocery)
- 2 Eggs
- 10 Medium prawns
- 6 Fish Cakes (bought at local grocery)
- 5 tablespoons of Soy Sauce
- 3 tablespoons of black thick soy sauce
- 1/3 teaspoon of sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons of Oyster sauce
- Salt to taste
- 2 green chilli
- 2 cloves of finely chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons of Canola oil
Boil a kettle of water. Soak the Vermicelli noodles in it while you get the other ingredients cooked.
Add the oil to a wok and heat. Add the garlic, fish cakes and prawns. Toss for 5 minutes. Add the sauces and mix .
Add the bean sprouts and cover for 2 minutes.
Lastly drain the noodles and add to the wok and toss for 5 minutes.
Beat the egg and add salt. Add to a separate pan and fry it. Take it out slice it into thin slices and add to the top of the noodles.