I make this once a week and keep them in Ziploc bags for my little one. She comes home always famished and like to munch on something. I make these and we can add jam or peanut butter and its a good snack. It fills them up awaiting dinner, which usually is about 7 pm.
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon table salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter cut into pieces
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- Make sure you have preheated the over to 450 F.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and baking soda in a mixer or by hand .
- Add the butter, until the consistency is thick. Add the buttermilk until the mixture is moistened.
- Remember you can use a food processor for this. I usually use my hands to mix it.
- Turn the dough onto a floured surface, and make 1/2 inch thickness. Cut with a cutter into shapes that you want. I usually just make them round.
- Bake at 450 F for 10 – 12 minutes until golden.
- Ready to eat. I put some away when cooled into Tupperware for the week.