- Half a chicken. Salted, peppered
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 small celery root, peeled and cut into ¼ inches matchstick
- 2 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon capers in brine, drained and coarsely chopped.
- 2 tablespoon of chopped tarragon leaves.
Preheat oven to 425. Place the half chicken after salting and peppered onto baking sheet. Toss the vegetables with olive oil. Place the baking tray on the bottom rack of the oven.
The chicken and vegetables should take about 40 minutes to cook.
Add the mustard, lemon juice, capers and whisk together with 1 tablespoon of water. Add the tarragon and mix.
Plate the chicken with vegetables and add the sauce to the vegetables.
Cooking time 45 minutes.