Chicken with cherry fennel BBQ sauce
This is one of my favorite recipes and its quick. I can make the sauce and marinate the chicken the night before and when I get home form work just put it on the grill and make a quick salad as an accompaniment.
- 1 pound frozen pitted cherries
- 1/2 cup of chopped onion
- 1/4 cup spicy yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground Kashmiri chili or 3/4 teaspoon of paprika mixed with 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne
- 4 black peppercorns
- 1/2 teaspoon of fennel seeds
- 1/2 cup of jaggery sugar or muscavado sugar
- One sea salt to taste
- 6 legs of chicken legs quarters
- Canola oil for brushing.
- Place all the ingredients apart from the chicken into a blender until smooth . Place it in a sauce pan on medium heat until sauce starts to bubble a little.
- Remove from heat and add the Salt
- Let it cool a little and then take a zip lock bag and add the chicken to it along with the sauce and massage it into the chicken.
- Leave the bag in the fridge over night for the sauce to be absorbed well. You can also leave it for 6 hours and then cook it on the grill when ready.
I usually keep it over night as I always prep for the next days dinner a day before to make it easier for me .
Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.