- 1 box of Rigatoni pasta
- ½ cup of green pitted olives
- ½ cup of peas
- 1 cup cherry tomato
- 1 red onion
- ¼ cup of goat cheese
- 1 slab Haloumi cheese
- 1 cup of Spinach leaves
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- ¼ cup of balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp of balsamic glaze
- Salt to taste
- Notice we have already done most of our food prep and set it aside here.
Prepping for pasta
- Boil water for about 8 minutes, then add the Rigatoni pasta to the pan.
- While you are waiting on the water to boil, slice the cherry tomato into pieces and then place in bowl.
Bringing things together
- Add the spinach leaves to the mixing bowl.
- Slice the red onion and place in mixing bowl.
- Heat a small pan with a drop of olive oil and fry the Haloumi Cheese. ( Haloumi Cheese is Greek cheese and it is hard . Fry it for about 4 minutes on both sides till golden brown and then let it rest on the cutting board before you cut it into small, bite-size cubes.
- Add the Haloumi cheese into the mixing bowl, along with the olives and peas. ( With the peas you could toss them into the same pan you fried the Haloumi in, just to add flavor ) .
Adding dressing, drain pasta
- Add the dressing into the mixing bowl and toss the salad.
- Drain pasta and add to bowl
- Once the pasta is done drain the water and then add the pasta into the mixing bowl and toss it all together.
Done, let’s eat and enjoy!
It is quick to make. This shouldn’t take more than 20 minutes.
Our YouTube Video for this recipe
Please check our the video below if you need further instructions. As we said this is your creation, so feel free to be as creative as you need.