Divine filling breakfast
You can either make a poached egg for this or do what I do and just place a fried egg on it. It’s easier.
- 1 can seasoned fire roasted salsa styled diced tomato undrained.
- 1 can black beans undrained
- 1 serene pepper seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup of whole kennel corn
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 8 tortilla shells ( you can use tostada shells too but I use tortilla, its easier )
- 4 eggs fried or poached
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella or Mexican four cheese blend.
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced onions.
- Salt to taste
Stir together the tomato , black beans, pepper, corn and cumin in the pot . Cover on low heat and cook for 10 minutes.
Place the tortilla on a plate , the mixture on the tortilla and then the egg on top and sprinkle the finely sliced onions on it with cilantro. Add salt to taste.
You are ready to dig in. This is a hardy breakfast and will keep you going for half a day. You can also make it for brunch.